The registration procedure for Direct Entry is very similar to the normal Jamb Utme registration process. The Direct Entry registration form of the jamb is now sold together with Jamb UTME registration form. This implies that both the DE registrations and the normal JAMB registration must be done together in 2019. This inturn signifies that it is not necessary to wait for the registration of D.E 2019 to be announced separately.
How much does Jamb Direct Entry Form cost?
The Direct Entry (JAMB) form of joint admission and registration is N3.500 (the jamb has reduced the price of the UTME module, it is expected to apply to Direct Entry.. The mandatory JAMB textbook for direct entry “The last days at Forcados High School for only ₦500.
Will 2019 DE Students Sit For Jamb?
Candidates for Direct Entry “DE” are more likely not to participate in the jamb exam. However, Jamb announced that schools are free to establish aptitude tests for candidates requesting Direct Entry.
Therefore, any school that decides to establish exams for its own candidates will adapt the questions of the novel recommended by the jamb as well as other subjects offered by the candidate.
Benefits of JAMB Direct Entry
Those who have obtained admission to the university through direct entry will begin the second year at their university, provided they are offered admission. This is the advantage they have over their counterpart UTME.
Institutions Eligible for Jamb 2019:
The type of eligible institution in which the Jamb 2019/2020 registration will be occur will include the following:
- In Universities
- including other Degree-Awarding Institutions
- Innovation Enterprise Institutes
- Colleges of Education.
- First Degree
- National Diploma (ND)
- National Innovation Diploma (NID)
- Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) programmes
Deadline for direct entry registration:
The jamb direct entry registration and the closing date specified by Jamb is February 21.
When is the examination date of the direct entry of entry 2019:
The date of the Exact Jamb direct entry exam will be announced completely by several institutions, since Jamb gave them the freedom to examine their candidates. Some schools probably do not do aptitude tests.
The Requirements For Jamb Direct Entry
All candidates must have one of the diploma certificates listed below:
- A minimum of five (5) credits of GCE/WASCE to no more than two sittings with at least two Principal or Advanced C.E. and others.
- Two passes in the IJMB Advanced Level Examination, Terminal Examination of the Cambridge Moderate Basic Studies Schools, JUPEB or Baccalaureate Institute of recognized institutions with SSCE/GCE, equivalent NTS/NBC credits in three other subjects.
- It passes to two main subjects in the NCE with SCE, NTC/NBC or equivalent credits in three other subjects (mainly for training courses) and ND. Education can be accepted as a third level A subject for those who take training courses.
- Minimum of lower credit grade in the National Diploma or in the National Innovation Diploma, including the requirements of O’Level.
Candidates should note that they will be asked to provide their JAMB registration number that they used to obtain admission to NCE, Diploma, etc. For admission to Direct Entry.
JAMB Direct Entry Application Procedures
- Create the JAMB Direct Entry profile.
- Go to any approved bank or CBT center to obtain an E-Pin. keep security details such as registration numbers, passwords/ATM cards number, email addresses and electronic pins as confidential.
- Each candidate must personally create a JAMB profile on the JAMB portal. This is the first phase of the JAMB Direct Entry 2019 registration.
- Registration will take place at the CBB centers approved by Jamb.
- Each candidate must collect their electronic receipt at the end of the registration as proof of registration.
As usual, the centers can not charge more than ₦700 as a registration fee.